Last Updated: September 22, 2015
- MEMBER CONSENT
- A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13.
- TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- LUXER collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our site, when you send us information or communications in connection with your use of the LUXER Service, and/or when you download and use the LUXER Software. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, geographic location of your computer or mobile device, telephone number, credit/debit card number, video, photograph, signature, picture of receipt of package or your package label, email address and bank account information, page history, search term history, or transaction related information, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data about you that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below. We will store data about your purchase history and transaction information, which is stored on a cumulative basis. We will also track search terms that you enter while using the LUXER Service. We may store such tracking information in a manner that can be associated with specific users. We do not respond to browser “do not track” requests.
- Personal Data You Provide To Us
We may collect Personal Data from you, such as first and last name, email and mailing addresses, telephone number, age, and password, when you register for the LUXER Service or sign up for the LUXER newsletter. In addition, we (or our third-party credit card or payment processor on our behalf) will collect Personal Data including your credit card number or account information when you register for the Services. We also retain information on your behalf, such as the Personal Data described above and any correspondence. If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, IP address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume. If we conduct a survey in which you participate, we may collect additional profile information. We may also collect Personal Data at other instances in the Site or Application user experience where we state that Personal Data is being collected.
- Personal Data Collected by Third Parties
We may receive Personal Data about you from other sources like telephone or fax, from companies that distribute the LUXER Service by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website, companies that offer their products and/or services via the LUXER Service, or companies that provide services (such as payment processing services) in connection with the LUXER Service (collectively, “Partner Companies”). Our Partner Companies may supply us with Personal Data, such as your name and email and mailing address information or your login credentials for such Partner Company’s website or service, in order to help us establish the account or fulfill orders. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our website in order to perform and improve the LUXER Service. Partner Companies and their employees who work in a location where you drop off or pick up a package through the Services may have access to your video, photograph, signature, or picture of your package label, to perform and improve the Services and are obligated not to disclose or use such Personal Data for any other purpose.
- Personal Data Collected via Technology
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a web site. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them, or for an extended period of time) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience while using the LUXER Service. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of the Site, the Application and/or the LUXER Service may not function correctly.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
LUXER uses your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- to manage your account on our network;
- to provide improved administration of the LUXER Service;
- for research and analysis;
- to improve the quality of experience when you interact with the LUXER Service;
- to send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your account was created;
- to send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to send promotional communications;
- to provide you with hardcopy or electronic newsletters, or surveys;
- to send upgrades and special offers related to the LUXER Service and for other marketing purposes of LUXER or our Partner Companies;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and to enforce these Terms of Service.
- We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name and email) that render the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content and functionality of the LUXER Service. LUXER reserves the right to use for other purposes and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its discretion.
LUXER may sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal Data may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (if applicable), LUXER may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on LUXER; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of LUXER or users of the LUXER Service.
Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from our services to third parties. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data as described in this policy.
LUXER offers you the choice of receiving different types of communication and information related to our company, products and services. You may subscribe to e-newsletters or other publications; you may also elect to receive marketing communications and other special offers from us via email. If at any time you would like to change your communication preferences, we provide unsubscribe links and an opt-out mechanism for your convenience. You may also access and manage your preferences from your account.
- PERSONAL DATA CHANGES
You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your profile within the registration portion of the Site or by sending an email to us at the email address set forth below. You may request deletion of your account information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Members who are California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Data that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
- SECURITY OF YOUR APPLICATION AND PERSONAL DATA
LUXER is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that LUXER cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data.
- STORAGE AND PROCESSING
- CONTACT INFORMATION